End of Trimester 1
Friday, November 20
Thanksgiving Break - No School
Week of 11/23-11/27
Trimester 2 Begins
Monday, November 30th
October was attendance competition month. Teams in each grade level competed for the best attendance for the entire month. Weekly attendance was tracked at the main office on the board.
Congratulations to the following teams for winning in their grade level!
6th Grade: Team Yale
7th Grade: Team USC
8th Grade: Team CAL
We have tutoring information for students at the counseling office. If students need tutoring, please come and pick up information anytime.
Tenemos información de tutoría para los estudiantes en la oficina de consejería . Si los estudiantes necesitan tutoría , por favor venga a recoger información en cualquier momento.
Your child is participating in the special istudyforSuccess Reading and Study Skills Program. This opportunity will provide reading and study skills practice with individual, small group, and whole group reading experiences. Students will share their interpretations of text and thoughts through classroom discussions and written assignments.
The iStudyforSuccess Program has been carefully designed to incorporate researched-based reading strategies, study skills, writing activities, and electronic media communication. Students will focus on applying what they are learning during independent and classroom reading.
Some of the highlights of the iStudyforSuccess program are:
• introduction to Owizzy's World/Cram Stoppers, unique study websites
• Setting a Purpose for Reading through textbooks and literature
• Activating Prior Knowledge – Making connections with what is read and what is known
• Visualizing – Using different techniques to "see" what is being read
• Inferencing — Learning to infer using a variety of activities
• Learning the Cornell Note Taking system
• Cooperative Learning Groups – Engaging students in the teaching process
• Vocabulary, Vocabulary, Vocabularyl
You can set up your child's FREE study site membership.
- 7"graders and below: Go to www.Qwizzysworld.com and click on SIGN UP FOR FREE. Parental ACTIVATION of the account is required after receiving a confirmation email.
- 8"graders and higher: Go to www.CramStoppers.com and click on SIGN UP FOR FREE. No activation is necessary.