SBAC Information Meeting for Parents:
Understanding your child’s 2014-15 SBAC score report
Thursday, October 8th
5:00pm - 6:00pm
Friday, October 9th is the end of Progress Report 1 reporting period. Progress reports will be available the following week during Parent Conferences.
Parent Conferences will be held on the following days and times. Please makes sure to schedule conference appointments with your child's teachers. Wednesday and Thursday are minimum days. Friday is a pupil free day.
- Wednesday, October 14th, 1:15pm - 3:00pm
- Thursday, October 15th, 1:15pm - 3:00pm AND 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Friday, October 16th, 8:00am - 12:00pm
October is attendance competition month. Teams in each grade level will compete for the best attendance for the entire month. We will track weekly attendance at the main office on the board. For each week that a team has the best attendance in their grade level, they will receive a star. The teams with the most stars will win an attendance trophy and other prizes.
Your child is participating in the special istudyforSuccess Reading and Study Skills Program. This opportunity will provide reading and study skills practice with individual, small group, and whole group reading experiences. Students will share their interpretations of text and thoughts through classroom discussions and written assignments.
The iStudyforSuccess Program has been carefully designed to incorporate researched-based reading strategies, study skills, writing activities, and electronic media communication. Students will focus on applying what they are learning during independent and classroom reading.
Some of the highlights of the iStudyforSuccess program are:
• introduction to Owizzy's World/Cram Stoppers, unique study websites
• Setting a Purpose for Reading through textbooks and literature
• Activating Prior Knowledge – Making connections with what is read and what is known
• Visualizing – Using different techniques to "see" what is being read
• Inferencing — Learning to infer using a variety of activities
• Learning the Cornell Note Taking system
• Cooperative Learning Groups – Engaging students in the teaching process
• Vocabulary, Vocabulary, Vocabularyl
You can set up your child's FREE study site membership.
- 7"graders and below: Go to www.Qwizzysworld.com and click on SIGN UP FOR FREE. Parental ACTIVATION of the account is required after receiving a confirmation email.
- 8"graders and higher: Go to www.CramStoppers.com and click on SIGN UP FOR FREE. No activation is necessary.
The Lawndale Elementary School District App keeps you up-to-date with your student’s education and any emergency notifications.
By following your child’s school, the app will also give you access to:
· Grades (middle schools only)
· Class schedules
· Cafeteria accounts
· Library accounts
· Staff Directories
· Links to Facebook and Twitter
You will also have the option to sign up for push notifications in the event of an emergency, or to alert you when any new information has been added to the website or app.